The Company presents for its January production Arthur Miller’s “The Crucible” Directed by Ed Bancroft
Wednesday 27th to Saturday 30th January 2010
The little crazy children are jangling the keys of the kingdom and common vengeance writes the law!" - John Proctor, Act 2
Characters in "The Crucible"
- John Proctor
- A local farmer who lives just outside town; Elizabeth Proctor's husband.
- Abigail Williams
- Reverend Parris's niece.
- Reverend John Hale
- A minister reputed to be an expert on witchcraft
- Elizabeth Proctor
- John Proctor's wife.
- Rebecca Nurse
- Francis Nurse's wife.
- Francis Nurse
- A wealthy, influential man in Salem.
- Judge Danforth
- The deputy governor of Massachusetts and the presiding judge at the witch trials
- Giles Corey
- An elderly but feisty farmer in Salem, famous for his tendency to file lawsuits.
- Thomas Putnam
- A wealthy, influential citizen of Salem, Putnam holds a grudge against Francis Nurse for preventing Putnam's brother-in-law from being elected to the office of minister
- Ann Putnam
- Thomas Putnam's wife. Ann Putnam has given birth to eight children, but only Ruth Putnam survived
- Ruth Putnam
- The Putnams' lone surviving child out of eight
- Reverend Parris's servant
- Mary Warren
- The servant in Thomas Putman's household and a member of Abigail's group of girls
- Betty Parris
- Reverend Parris's daughter.
- Martha Corey
- Giles Corey's third wife.
- Ezekiel Cheever
- A man from Salem who acts as clerk of the court during the witch trials.
- Judge Hathorne
- A judge who presides, along with Danforth, over the witch trials.
- The marshal of Salem.
- Mercy Lewis
- One of the girls in Abigail's group
- Sarah Good
- a down and out who lives in Salem
Photo from flickr user romulusnr